The World’s 12 Most Eligible Billionaire Bachelors – Forbes
My late father used to tell me it’s just as easy to fall in love with, and marry, a rich guy as it is a poor guy. That is pretty much nonsense, especially if you are talking about someone who is really, really rich. Unless you are a supermodel, Cinderella or perhaps incredibly lucky in love, the odds are stacked against you.
But every now and then there is that story that gives hope to thousands of young women around the globe. The one I like to tell involves a young Forbes reporter, Natasha Bacigalupo, who started dating billionaire publishing scion Dirk Ziff in the 1990s after meeting him while on assignment. She later quit her job and ended up marrying Ziff. The two are apparently still happily married. Priscilla Chan met her boyfriend, Mark Zuckerberg, when they were freshmen at Harvard. Years later, they are still together, living in his $7 million home and caring for their dog. Former Wall Street Journal reporter Cari Tuna quit her job last year to help her boyfriend, the world’s youngest billionaire Dustin Moskovitz, launch a foundation, Good Ventures. Tuna, who is its president, is now engaged to Moskovitz.
So for those who want to indulge in a bit of fantasy, who are the world’s most eligible billionaires? We scoured our research but found very few. In this year’s record class of 1,226 billionaires, just 38, or 3%, have never been married. Another 92 are divorced and 6 are separated. Of these people who are technically up for grabs, 31 including 3 women are under age 50.
Strange Random Bachelor Quote:
“It is impossible to believe that the same God who permitted His own son to die a bachelor regards celibacy as an actual sin” – Henry Louis Mencken (American humorous Journalist and Critic of American life who influenced US fiction through the 1920s, 1880-1956)
- Number 13 lucky for Russian young billionaire on Forbes list (rt.com)
- Facebook Billionaires Used GRATs to Transfer More Than $200 Million Free of Gift Tax (taxprof.typepad.com)
- J.K. Rowling’s charity giving knocks her off Forbes’ billionaires list (mnn.com)
- Forbes 2012 Rich List: Top 10 Youngest Billionaires in the World [PHOTOS] (ibtimes.com)
- Spanx Creator Sara Blakely Joins Forbes’ Billionaires List (shoppingblog.com)
- Gabe Newell is a Billionaire of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- Investing in The Forbes Billionaires Index Could Be Profitable (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Static Forbes Billionaires List Proves We Don’t Need Two Outlets Ranking the Rich (theatlanticwire.com)
- Facebook: The Billionaire Network (forbes.com)
Posted on April 1, 2012, in Article and tagged Billionaire, Dustin Moskovitz, Forbes, H. L. Mencken, Mark Zuckerberg, Priscilla Chan, United States, Wall Street Journal. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.