Hublot Celebrates America With US Liberty Bang – Forbes
It isn’t exactly the official timekeeper of America but it’s close. Swiss luxury watch brand Hublot has teamed up with the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia for the second consecutive year to serve as the “Official Watch and Timepiece” of the Liberty Medal award.
To celebrate this partnership, Hublot created a limited edition US Liberty Bang 44mm timepiece to honor the recipients of the Liberty Medal. Set with a black ceramic case, the black dial features an American flag inscribed with text and citations from the American Constitution on a black rubber and gummy alligator strap.
Established in 1988 to commemorate the bicentennial of the U.S. Constitution, the Liberty Medal is awarded annually to men and women of courage and conviction who strive to secure the blessings of liberty to people around the globe. The medal was first administered by the National Constitution Center in 2006 to presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton. Other past Liberty Medal recipients include Nelson Mandela, Shimon Peres, Kofi Annan, Sandra Day O’Connor, Bono and Médecins Sans Frontières Doctors Without Borders. Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates was the recipient of 2011 award.
This year’s award will be presented in September. The recipient has yet to be named.
The National Constitution Center is a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the U.S. Constitution and its legacy of freedom. It is located two blocks from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
The Hublot US Liberty Bang limited edition costs $11,900 and is available at the Hublot Boutique, 692 Madison Avenue, New York.
Strange Random Time Quote:
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.”
Albert Einstein (German-born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)
- 2012 Liberty Medal Recipient To Be Announced Next Week, And We Hope It’s Not Gonna Be Someone Annoying Again (philebrity.com)
- Hublot Ferrari Big Bang Watch (baggangexclusive.com)
- Hublot Big Bang Miami Heat 2012 Champion White Hot Edition (hypebeast.com)
- The Miami Heat Get Their Wrists Right, Courtesy Of The “Big Bang” Watch From Hublot (complex.com)
- Hublot launched Big Bang Ferrari limited edition watch (cindyzheng.typepad.com)
- Hublot Gifts Miami Heat A White Big Bang, Crosses The Line (perpetuelle.com)
- Hublot Big Bang Ferrari in Magic Gold and Carbon Fiber (perpetuelle.com)
- Hublot Designs The Murdered-Out Skull Bang Watch (complex.com)
Posted on July 4, 2012, in Article and tagged George H.W. Bush, Hublot, Kofi Annan, Liberty Bell, Liberty Medal, National Constitution Center, Nelson Mandela, Robert Gates, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.