Daily Archives: May 24, 2011
Utah has gone for gold — quite literally.Last week the state became the first to pass legislation legalizing gold and silver as forms of currency. The law also exempts the coins — which are typically considered an investment — from capital gains taxes. This may come as welcomed news for gold bugs: gold has been on a tear for decades — currently hovering above $1500 an ounce — and has held up in the midst of tumbling silver, oil, and now the equity market.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Gold & Silver Money in Utah ??? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Gold, Silver to be Legal Currency in Utah (businessinsider.com)
- Utah banks on gold, silver as legal currency (rt.com)
- “Gold Rush: Utah GOP Makes Gold And Silver Coins Legal Currency” and related posts (thehollywoodliberal.com)
- State Legalizes Gold, Silver Coins As Currency (huffingtonpost.com)