Utah Goes for Gold: State Puts Metal Coins on Par with the Dollar (Well, Almost) – Yahoo! Finance
Utah has gone for gold — quite literally.Last week the state became the first to pass legislation legalizing gold and silver as forms of currency. The law also exempts the coins — which are typically considered an investment — from capital gains taxes. This may come as welcomed news for gold bugs: gold has been on a tear for decades — currently hovering above $1500 an ounce — and has held up in the midst of tumbling silver, oil, and now the equity market.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Gold & Silver Money in Utah ??? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Gold, Silver to be Legal Currency in Utah (businessinsider.com)
- Utah banks on gold, silver as legal currency (rt.com)
- “Gold Rush: Utah GOP Makes Gold And Silver Coins Legal Currency” and related posts (thehollywoodliberal.com)
- State Legalizes Gold, Silver Coins As Currency (huffingtonpost.com)
Posted on May 24, 2011, in Video and tagged CPM Group, Federal Reserve System, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Gold standard, Great Depression, Mae West, Stock market, United States, Utah. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.