Daily Archives: June 15, 2011
Everyone knows you’re not supposed to stand up when the seat belt sign is on, get blotto on board or hog the armrest, but when a flight attendant snaps “Sir/ma’am, you need to [fill in the blank],” sometimes you want to do the opposite just to show who’s boss.
So when I saw this pre-flight video on a recent Virgin America flight, I thought “right on!” Like an animated hipster sea chanty with the tagline ”we’re all in this together,” the video uses the world’s best teaching tool, humor, as a reminder that behaviors like loud conversation, kicking the seat in front of you and dawdling in the rest room are, in fact, disturbing to fellow passengers:
Strange Random Airline Quote:
In the ’80’s my gut feeling was that airlines were crap. I hated spending time on planes. I thought we could create the kind of airline I’d like. So we got a secondhand 747 and gave it a go. — Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Atlantic. Interview in Men’s Journal magazine, May 2006.
- Virgin America orders $1.4 billion in CFM engines (marketwatch.com)
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab For American Airlines’ First-Class Bourgeoisie [Blip] (gizmodo.com)
- Airbus Reveals “Plane of 2050″ (femmesdallure.com)
- Are budget airlines’ bad habits being adopted by more established airlines? (blogs.confused.com)
- The Case Against Having a Social Media Department [INFOGRAPHIC] (mashable.com)
- Airlines collect $3.4 billion in checked-baggage fees in 2010 (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Wrath for Airlines as Airports Face Their Own Problems (nytimes.com)