Fbi Investigates News Corporation September Eleven Hack Allegations – Companies & Execs – Portfolio.com
Even the most powerful and successful entrepreneur can have a very, very, very bad year. Just ask Rupert Murdoch.The octogenarian spent his life building one of, if not the, most powerful media empires in the English-speaking world. But this year has been enough to make anyone long for retirement. Word is out today that the FBI is looking into allegations that Murdoch’s London tabloid, News of the World, tried to buy cell-phone records of 9/11 victims. And the Bureau is doing its snooping at the behest not of a liberal enemy of Murdoch’s, but upon the request of Peter King, the New York Republican who heads the House Homeland Security Committee. That’s just the latest blow in a series of losses for the media mogul who took his father’s Australian newspaper company and turned it into the globe-spanning News Corp., owner of the Wall Street Journal, Fox News and the Fox network, The New York Post, and other media properties.
Strange Random News Quote:
“Fake news executives are nicer than real news executives, though real news executives are funnier than fake news executives. They don’t know they’re being funny.” – Stephen Colbert
- FBI to investigate News Corporation over 9/11 hacking allegations (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Were 9/11 victims’ phones hacked by NotW? FBI starts investigation (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- News Corp. Braces for Legal Trouble in the U.S. (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- FBI Opens Investigation Into News Corporation Hacking Scandal (outsidethebeltway.com)
- LulzSec returns – hacks website of Murdoch’s Sun newspaper (digitaltrends.com)
- FBI ‘to open 9/11 hack inquiry’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Phone hacking: Rupert Murdoch woes deepen with prospect of US investigation (telegraph.co.uk)
Posted on July 19, 2011, in Article and tagged FBI, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Fox News Channel, New York Post, News Corporation, Rupert Murdoch, United States House Committee on Homeland Security, Wall Street Journal, World News. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.