Abu Dhabi Oil Sheikh Writes His Name In The Sand, Two Miles Wide – Christopher Helman – Fuel – Forbes
Let’s see Donald Trump top this. On a sandy island in Abu DhabiSheikhHamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan has inscribed what is in effect the biggest graffiti tag the world has ever seen. Hamad, 63, a scion of the billionaire Abu Dhabi royal family, has gouged his name in capital letters two miles across and half a mile wide. His moniker is so big it can be seen from space as this Google Earth pic demonstrates. The tip of the “H” reaches into the strait that leads to the Arabian Gulf, allowing Hamad to fill the first two letters of his name with water. The “M” looks partially filled as well.
Strange Random Graffiti Quote:
I used to be indecisive; now I’m not sure.” – Famous Graffito
- “On a sandy island in Abu Dhabi Sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan Al… (new-aesthetic.tumblr.com)
- Sheikh Writes His Name in the Sand, Big Enough to Be Seen from Space (newsfeed.time.com)
- Abu Dhabi Billionaire Carves Name in Desert So Large It Can Be Seen From Space (blippitt.com)
- Got $22 Billion To Spare? Make Like An Abu Dhabi Emiri And Carve Your Name In Giant Mile-Wide Lettering (businessinsider.com)
- Sheikh’s name carved into private island seen from space (lostateminor.com)
- Sheikh’s Name Written in Sand Visible from Space (space.com)
- Arab sheikh carves name in sand until it’s visible from SPACE (cosmonavigator.wordpress.com)
- Billionaire Sheikh Carves His Name Into 3 Kilometers Of Sand On Private Island (buzzfeed.com)
- Territory Marking of the Day (thedailywh.at)
Posted on July 22, 2011, in Article and tagged Abu Dhabi, Capital letter, Donald Trump, Forbes, Google Earth, Graffiti, Hamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan, Sheikh, United Arab Emirates. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.