Google’s Walker Says Lawsuits Hurting Innovation
Kent Walker, general counsel for Google Inc., talks about software patent lawsuits in the smartphone industry. Apple Inc. has patent cases against Samsung Electronics Co., HTC Corp. and Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. over their phones running Google’s Android operating system, and each of them has filed patent suits against Apple. Walker speaks with Emily Chang on Bloomberg Television.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Strange Random Innovation Quote:
“Innovation is not the product of logical thought, although the result is tied to logical structure.” – Albert Einstein
- Software patents ‘gumming up innovation’ (guardian.co.uk)
- Walker Digital Patent Licensing Deals Confirmed – “Mystery” Suitor Looms (gametimeip.com)
- Apple, Groupon named as settling in Walker Digital lawsuits (electronista.com)
- Jay Walker “Likes” Facebook – Mystery Deal Revealed (patentcalls.com)
- Patents ‘Gumming Up’ Innovation: Google – Bloomberg (dccrowley.posterous.com)
- HTC: We’re open to patent negotiations with Apple (venturebeat.com)
- Report: Apple, Groupon settle Walker Digital IP suits (news.cnet.com)