In Spain, weeklong bus tours for surfers seek out the best waves | Springwise
If niche travel tours can be created for those interested in current affairs, photography and even just sleeping in, then why not surfers as well? That, indeed, is exactly the premise behind Spain’s Surf Road Experience, which offers weeklong expeditions in a sleeper bus to search out the best local waves.Surfing is enjoying a fresh surge in popularity in Spain, so it’s no wonder Surf Road Experience is offering its surfing trips every week. The company has reportedly decked out eight British-style double-decker buses with beds, showers and all the amenities surfers might need, and every Monday new tours depart from the northwestern city of Vigo.
Strange Random Surfing Quote:
“Out of the water, I am nothing.” – Duke Kahanamoku
- Serene Surf Photography – Jalder Lozano Captures the Connection Between Surfers and the Ocean (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- How Pro Surfer Carissa Moore Stays on Top (fitsugar.com)
- Fit Gift Guide: Surfer Betty (fitsugar.com)
- Get in Surf-Ready Shape With Roxy Pros Jen Smith and Amy Murphree (fitsugar.com)
- Cyrus Saatsaz: Shaun White Displays His Surfing Skills (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ride the Waves Gift Guide (fitsugar.com)
- Supertubes surfer signed up by Nixon (jbaynews.com)
Posted on August 1, 2011, in Article and tagged Current affairs (news format), Double-decker bus, Duke Kahanamoku, Sleeper bus, Spain, Springwise, surf, Travel, Vigo. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.