Facebook hits 1 trillion page views? Nope. – Aug. 26, 2011
Posted by exitlanguages
The tip came from an advertising service called DoubleClick AdPlanner — which, ironically, is operated by Facebook rival Google GOOG, Fortune 500. The most recent AdPlanner report, which covers the month of June, showed that users viewed approximately 1 trillion pages on Facebook during the month.
But a different pageview measurement service, the widely used comScore, has a wildly different number. Its latest report, for July, found that Facebook had “just” 467 billion monthly page views.
Facebook still blows away the competition, with Google in a distant second place. But comScore’s number is less than half AdPlanner’s.
Why the discrepancy?
Strange Random Social Media Quote:
- Facebook Hits 1 Trillion Pages Views in Just One Month (techie-buzz.com)
- Facebook hit 1 trillion page views in June (techradar.com)
- FaceBook Billion (theunionews.com)
- Facebook was viewed one trillion times by 870 million people in July (digitaltrends.com)
- A Trillion Pageviews for Facebook (labnol.org)
- Facebook: Threatened by Google+? Our trillion page views say no (venturebeat.com)
- Top 5, August 26, 2011 (pbs.org)
Posted on August 28, 2011, in Article and tagged CNNMoney, ComScore, DoubleClick, Facebook, Fortune 500, FutureWorks, Google, Orders of magnitude (numbers), Page view, Social media. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.