Designer Diapers: Sales Booster Or Bum Idea? | FoxBusiness.com
This fall, Huggies will launch camouflage diapers just in time for hunting season. But if deep brown and green hues don’t match your baby’s eyes, you can opt for polka dot, floral and argyle-patterned diapers already offered by Pampers.
But with “designer” diapers costing as much as 20% more than regular ones, will cash-strapped parents be willing to pay more to decorate a part of their baby that’s usually hidden or constantly being ripped off and thrown into the trash as quickly as possible?
Joey Mooring, spokesperson for the Huggies brand, says the company first tested the market with designer diapers in 2007 with a denim diaper in Israel. He says the denim diapers were so popular, they made their way around the globe from Australia to Europe and are now a staple at most major U.S. retailers. The company sold more than 60 million denim diapers this spring alone, he adds.
“What we have found is that during hot summer months, moms are using this as part of the baby’s wardrobe,” says Mooring. “It really helps give moms more options on what babies can wear at picnics and barbeques, and they don’t have to worry about their child sitting in the grass in a white diaper.”
Strange Random Diaper (Nappy) Quote:
- Fashionistas in (Potty) Training: Huggies Launches New Camo Diapers (newsfeed.time.com)
- Camouflage: The next big thing in diapers (sfgate.com)
- Manufacturers try designer diapers to boost sales (usatoday.com)
- Bottoms Up! (clubcreativestudio.wordpress.com)
- Kimberly-Clark Launches Huggies Little Movers Camo Diapers (shoppingblog.com)
- Cloth Diapering Now “a No Mess Deal” with New Bummis and Tots Bots Diaper System (prweb.com)
- Summer’s Prettier Diapers (online.wsj.com)