Poll: Mass. residents support casinos – PBN.com – Providence Business News
A University of Massachusetts Dartmouth poll released Sunday says that 56 percent of residents support a proposal by Gov. Deval Patrick and leaders in the legislature that would authorize three “resort casinos” and one slot parlor through competitive bidding.
The survey of 552 residents found that 56 percent supported the proposal, 31 oppose it and 13 percent were undecided. The survey, conducted by the university’s Center for Policy Analysis, had a margin of error of 4.1 percent.
Strange Random Gambling Quote:
Someone once asked me why women don’t gamble as much as men do, and I gave the common-sensical reply that we don’t have as much money. That was a true but incomplete answer. In fact, women’s total instinct for gambling is satisfied by marriage. – Gloria Steinem
- Casino bill puts $25m focus on addicts (boston.com)
- New Yorkers support legal casino gambling: poll (huffingtonpost.com)
- Poll: 72 Percent Minnesotans Want State Gambling Legalized (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Massachusetts Moves Closer To Legalizing Casino Gambling – Hartford Courant (news.google.com)
- Poll: New Yorkers Want To Gamble On Casinos (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Poll: New Yorkers support gambling (timesunion.com)
- Is EA’s PopCap working on casino-style Facebook games? [Rumor] (games.com)
Posted on September 27, 2011, in Article and tagged Casino, Deval Patrick, Gambling, Games, Gloria Steinem, Massachusetts, Percentage, Sunday, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.