EA Gearing Up for Battlefield 3 – Fox Business Video – Fox Business
Video from a couple of weeks back. As you can see from the text below (dated yesterday) , the game really has taken off in the way EA hoped:
SAN FRANCISCO — Electronic Arts said Monday afternoon that its “Battlefield 3” videogame has sold through five million copies to customers since going on sale last week. In a statement, EA also said the rush of players using the online multi-player mode of the game caused some “intermittent disruption ” of its servers. The combat shooter is being targeted at Activision’s “Call of Duty” franchise, which is the most popular game in the genre. A new version of “Call of Duty” – entitled “Modern Warfare 3” goes on sale next week.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Strange Random Videogame Quote:
Most people think video games are all about a child staring at a TV with a joystick in his hands. I don’t. They should belong to the entire family. I want families to play video games together. – Shigeru Miyamoto
- Battlefield 3 Has Record Opening Weekend Despite Tech Woes (mashable.com)
- EA says ‘Battlefield 3’ sells through 5M copies (marketwatch.com)
- Battlefield 3 Sells a Lot (escapistmagazine.com)
- Why Battlefield 3 Has a Singleplayer Campaign [Battlefield] (kotaku.com)
- VIDEO GAME REVUE: Battlefield 3 (therogersrevue.wordpress.com)
- Battlefield 3 To Steam? (videogamerguy.com)
- Battlefield 3 Sells 5 Million Units In First Week, Becomes EA’s Fastest Selling Title (techcrunch.com)
- Battlefield 3 Sells 5M in First Week, EA Says (wired.com)
- Battlefield 3 is king, with 5 million copies sold (digitaltrends.com)
Posted on November 1, 2011, in Video and tagged Activision, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, Electronic Arts, Games, Monday, Multiplayer game, Shigeru Miyamoto, Video game, Warfare 3. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.