Steve Jobs Action Figure: Apple Threatens Chinese Toy Maker With Lawsuit – International Business Times
Apple has allegedly threatened to sue Chinese company In Icons over its eerily realistic 12-inch action figure of Steve Jobs, the company’s late founder. The 1:6 scale model, which was said to be distributed by DiD Corp. in late February, comes with the clothes and accessories popularized by Jobs, such as the black faux turtleneck, blue jeans and sneakers. The figurine, which is packaged in a box that looks like Walter Isaacson‘s “Steve Jobs” biography cover, also comes with a chair, a “One More Thing…” backdrop, as well as two red apples, including one with a bite in it. To make it extra creepy, the doll’s realistic head sculpt features Jobs’ famous unblinking stare.
In Icons looks to sell the figure for $99 online in February, and the company has made it a point to not easily concede to Apple.
“Apple can do anything they like. I will not stop, we already started production,” said Tandy Cheung, the entrepreneur behind In Icons. “I love [Jobs] very much and I think there are a lot of people like me who want to have his action figure.”
Cheung reportedly spoke with several lawyers from Hong Kong, who told him that he wasn’t in violation unless he decided to brand any of his designs with Apple products or logos.
Strange Random Lawsuit Quote:
“Animals have these advantages over man: They have no theologians to instruct them, their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts lawsuits over their wills.” – Voltaire (French Philosopher and Writer. One of the greatest of all French authors, 1694-1778)
- Apple Threatens Steve Jobs Doll Maker With Lawsuit (apple.slashdot.org)
- Who Really Owns Steve Jobs’ Image? (forbes.com)
- First Look At Steve Jobs Action Figure (wdok.radio.com)
- Apple Fighting For Removal Of Steve Jobs Action Figure (inquisitr.com)
- Apple attempts to ban Steve Jobs action figure (cbsnews.com)
- Apple moves to ban Steve Jobs action figure (tuaw.com)
- Apple issues legal threat to manufacturer of 12-inch Steve Jobs action figure (edibleapple.com)
- Apple Threatens to Sue Over Steve Jobs Action Figure [REPORT] (mashable.com)
- Apple threatens legal action over Steve Jobs action figure (digitaltrends.com)