Hotel room service speeds up – USATODAY.com
•The Four Seasons is rolling out “15-minute room service” at all its hotels. At resorts with long distances between the kitchen and rooms, the wait can be 20 minutes.
•At the Buttes Resort in Tempe, Ariz., a $10.95 “Market Basket Lunch” in a bamboo basket is guaranteed to arrive in 20 minutes — or it’s free.
The new world of fast-food room service is being driven by the fast-paced lifestyles of travelers and demands for convenience and instant gratification.
“One of the greatest luxuries in the world is time,” says Guy Rigby, a vice president at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “Gone are the days when room service is for people who want to sit with their little candle and flower and beautiful appetizer.”
Some of the hotels offer packaged food to go for travelers racing to the airport or determined to drive to their destination without stopping.
Strange Random Room Service Quote:
- Four Seasons Introduces 15-Minute Room Service at all 86 hotels and resorts worldwide (carpediemclub.wordpress.com)
- Auberge Resorts Recognized with High Honors on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2012 Gold List (prweb.com)
- Groucho Marx’s funniest ones: I intend to live forever, or die trying (pavanrchawla.wordpress.com)
- Fire Up Your Taste Buds This Fall (prweb.com)
- New Year Brings Wealth of Hotel Openings (thestreet.com)
- SENTIDO Hotels & Resorts Announces the Addition of More Services (prnewswire.com)
Posted on January 9, 2012, in Article and tagged Chicago, Domino's Pizza, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Groucho Marx, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Room Service, Tempe Arizona, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.