HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAYS: The nation’s 96-hour holiday | News.com.au
Many Australians will celebrate that typically national trait – bludging – by taking not just Thursday off but Friday too, parlaying Australia Day into an epic four-day bender.
Bosses around the country are recognising the inconvenience of a Friday hangover and hedging their bets by encouraging staff to take annual leave and report to work on Monday.
But for those workers less fortunate be warned – there could be consequences for showing up under the weather or worse yet – not showing up at all.
“You need to be prepared for a typical working Friday or you should speak to your employer now about making alternative arrangements if there is going to be an issue.”
Strange Random Australia Quote:
“Australia is an outdoor country. People only go inside to use the toilet. And that’s only a recent development.” – Barry Humphries ( Writer, Actor and Comic, b.1934)
- AUSTRALIA Day – AUSTRALIA – The Incredible Magnificent Land of Authenticity – Be True To Your Nature, Be Nature To Your Truth – God Bless – Respectfully (wearetrulyhappy.wordpress.com)
- Floods Australia Day and Racism (radioadelaidebreakfast.wordpress.com)
- G’day on Australia Day (greetingcarduniverse.com)
- The Beauty Of Being Australian ‘Happy Oz Day’ (outsiderswindow.com)
- Happy Australia Day (femaleimagination.wordpress.com)
- Happy Australia Day! (mrgadget.com.au)
- Australia Day (englishelxna2.wordpress.com)
- Some Brisbane colour for Australia Day (australiatraveller.wordpress.com)
- Happy Straya (Australia) Day! (expressbipolar.wordpress.com)
Posted on January 30, 2012, in Article and tagged Australia, Australia Day, Australian, Barry Humphries, Christmas, Facebook, First Fleet, New South Wales, Sydney. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.