McDonalds pulls ad after pit bull owner outrage – Yahoo! News
Posted by exitlanguages
LOS ANGELES AP — McDonald’s has apologized and pulled an ad that came back to bite it.
The ad said eating a Chicken McBite was less risky than petting a stray pit bull, shaving your head, naming your son Sue or giving friends your Facebook password. It enraged pit bull owners and their supporters.
The radio ad for Chicken McBites only ran for a few days in the Kansas City area before the complaints started. The campaign against the ad circulated on social media sites, and the apology was delivered the same way. People who called a well-publicized toll-free number got a recorded apology.
“The ad was insensitive in its mention of pit bulls. We apologize. As soon as we learned of it, we tracked the source and had the local markets pull the ad immediately. We’ll do a better job next time. It’s never our intent to offend anyone with how we communicate news about McDonald’s,” Ashlee Yingling, spokesman for McDonald’s Corp., said Monday, quoting from the apology.
“I found it extremely offensive and reckless,” said Rachele Lizarraga of Sacramento. “Why would you try to promote the safety of food?”
Strange Random Pit Bull Quote:
“Pit bulls are the least likely to be human aggressive. On the whole, you have to do a lot of work to make them aggressive to people.” – Sue Frisch, Dessin Animal Shelter manager
- McDonald’s pulls U.S. ad after pit bull owner outrage (ctv.ca)
- McDonald’s apologises to dog owners after ‘insensitive’ ad claims eating a Chicken McBite is safer than petting a pit bull (our-compass.org)
- McDonald’s Apologizes To Pit Bull Advocates (victoriesfortheanimals.wordpress.com)
- McDonalds pulls ad after pit bull owner outrage (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- McDonald’s yanks ad after outcry from pit bull backers (mercurynews.com)
- McDonald’s Pulls Ad That Activists Say Fed Into ‘Media Hysteria About Pit Bulls’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- McDonalds Pulls Radio Ad (pitbulltopics.wordpress.com)
- McDonald’s Says Pit Bull Ad Not Meant to Offend (ecorazzi.com)
- McDonald’s Pulls Anti-Pit Bull Ad – We’re Lovin’ It! | Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan (worldwright.wordpress.com)
Posted on February 8, 2012, in Article and tagged Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Chicken McBite, Facebook, Kansas City metropolitan area, McDonald, Pit bull, Radio advertisement, Sacramento California, Social media, Toll-free telephone number. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.