Cloudy, wet summer dampens business spirits | BUSINESS News | TV NZ
Manager Chris Deere said the forecast loss for the season is $250,000.
“I think people make a decision on what they’re going to do on a day, and if it’s wet and miserable outside then Rainbows End isn’t going to be their first choice,” said Deere.
“The entire season is pretty much governed by the weather, so when the forecast came out we’d start getting phonecalls with people cancelling or postponing,” said Sommer.
“Our numbers pretty much halved to what they would have been over that time.”
However, business owners will be relieved to know that the forecast for the remainder of summer is on the brighter side and a normal sunny March is expected.
Strange Random Rain Quote:
- Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy and Cooler (israelnationalnews.com)
- Cloudy and Chilly for N. TX, but Arctic Air is on the Move! (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- One Moon Is Reflected In Many Waters (annieb222.com)
- A Wet Weekend (chrisallenchallenge.wordpress.com)
- Freezing fog Thursday morning and chance of rain in central Oklahoma Thursday afternoon (newsok.com)
- Sunday’s Erie region forecast: Cloudy (goerie.com)
- Coldest Air In Weeks Is On The Way (chrisallenchallenge.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday’s Erie region forecast: Mostly cloudy, chance of snow showers (goerie.com)
- Forecast: Dry, above-normal temperatures (knoxnews.com)
- Cloudy, windy weather ahead for central Oklahoma Monday (newsok.com)
Posted on February 10, 2012, in Article and tagged Amusement park, Business, Cloud, Douglas Adams, Hauraki Gulf, National Weather Service, North Island, Rain, Snow. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.