Five iPad 3 Rumors That Just Might Be True – Forbes
The question on everybody’s mind is whether the third-generation tablet is going to be a revolutionary step for Apple, or a repeat of the iPhone 4S, with decent but not terribly exciting upgrades?
Rumors are floating about the internet, of course, and now some of them appear to be solidifying.
1. The iPad 3 will have an amazing, high-definition screen.
The iPad 3 is almost certainly going to come with a new Retina display. The new screen clocks in at a 2048 x 1536 resolution, making it by far the highest-definition iPad yet.
The last two iPads had 1024 x 768 resolutions, making the iPad 3 a significant upgrade in resolution.
The iPad 3 is also said to have a 260 pixel-per-inch density, up from 132 pixels-per-inch in past versions. This still falls well short of the 326 pixel-per-inch density on the iPhone 4S and iPod Touch.
Nevertheless, the improvement in picture quality should be dramatic.Rumor has it that Sharp will manufacture the screens.
2. Better battery life.
Screens are the number one battery hog in any device, and all these new pixels will cost iPad users battery life.
Rumor has it that Apple will make up for this with a bigger battery. Rumor also has it that this may lead to a slightly thicker iPad 3, though it’s hard to imagine Apple going much further than 1 or 2 mm thicker.
Strange Random Technology Quote:
“Once a new technology rolls over you, if you’re not part of the steamroller, you’re part of the road.” – Stewart Brand
- iPad 3 With New ‘Retina Display’ to Be Announced in March, Say Reports (pcworld.com)
- [RUMOR] iPad 3 to be Announced in February & Released in March (epicagear.com)
- iPad 3 Rumors: Larger Battery, Better Camera, Display Overhaul & More! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- iPad 3′s biggest boost will be its massive resolution (slashgear.com)
- Apple May Announce iPad 3 in Early March (news.dice.com)
- [Poll] Are the iPad 3 Rumors Underwhelming? (readwriteweb.com)
- iPad 3: Announcement in First Week of March (magnaefamae.com)
- Apple Rumors Look to Seven-Inch iPad Mini, LTE on iPad 3 (pocketnow.com)
- Alleged iPad 3 Retina Display surfaces in photograph (reviews.cnet.com)