Banking Nightmare: Bank of America Declares Live South Carolina Customer Dead – ABC News
That’s because Livingston’s bank, Bank of America, has been reporting him as deceased to the three major credit agencies since May 2009, he said.
Bank of America has still not resolved the issue, even after media attention, causing headaches for Livingston, 39, and his family in South Carolina.
A regional manager of a chemical company, Livingston, discovered the dilemma when he tried to obtain a loan from a mortgage company in October. The problem may have begun when Livingston, who said he has been a Bank of America customer for 14 years, sold his home in May 2009.
Five months since he discovered the problem, Bank of America still does not have a solution, and his mortgage company has not been able to obtain his credit score to give him a loan for his new home, which he said is the “major problem” with being “deceased.” He also fears the inactivity on his credit will negatively affect his credit score.
A spokeswoman for Bank of America told ABC News on Thursday said the company is working with Livingston directly to “resolve this issue as quickly as possible.”
Strange Random Credit Quote:
A person who can’t pay gets another person who can’t pay to guarantee that he can pay. Like a person with two wooden legs getting another person with two wooden legs to guarantee that he has got two natural legs. It don’t make either of them able to do a walking-match.- Charles Dickens
- BofA Refuses to Give Home Loans to Zombies (loans.org)
- Bank Of America Declared This Man Dead For Three Years (businessinsider.com)
- Bank of America Declares Living Customer Dead (ibtimes.com)
- BofA Declares Living Person Dead (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bank of America: Responds to Breach (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Attack of the Killer Algorithms Part 13 – Bank of America Style – Flawed Data With Credit Scoring Agencies – Dead Man Banking And Currently A Consumer Under Attack (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- Bank of America to test deals linked to accounts (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Social Business- How Twitter Made Bank of America Think It’s fees. (marcohenry.wordpress.com)
- Bank of America to test deals linked to accounts (sfgate.com)
Posted on February 14, 2012, in Article and tagged ABC News, Arthur Livingston, Bank of America, Charles Dickens, Credit history, Credit score, Livingston, May 2009, South Carolina. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.