Locally-made buffalo cheese, as good as it gets | BUSINESS News TVNZ
Helen and Richard Dorresteyn founded the business when they decided cheese was an important ingredient for their local farmers’ market.
“We started the Clevedon Farmers’ Market and we needed cheese,” said Helen.
“We started off very small with 20 stalls and couldn’t get cheese, so Richard gave in and said he’d make it for me.”
“We’ve changed it into a buffalo milking shed, obviously the bars up the front, where they put their heads through to have a bit of a feed at milking time, are a lot stronger and thicker,” farm manager Richard Keast said.
Richard Dorresteyn, who trained as an industrial engineer, is now the head cheese maker.
Strange Random Cheese Quote:
“The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” – Jon Hammond
- Enjoy a day at the Great British Cheese Festival 2010 in Cardiff , Festivals (visitwales.co.uk)
- Cheese 101 (brothersincheese.wordpress.com)
- Cheese (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Fake Cheese?! (laurenwherever.wordpress.com)
- Bellisimo Tre: three Italian cheeses to fall in love with (wheycoolcurds.wordpress.com)
- Pure indulgence – gooey cheese (heikeherrling.com)