Gina Rinehart at 29 on Forbes rich list | News.com.au
The West Australian is the only Aussie to make the top 100, with Forbes estimating her wealth at $US18 billion $17.12 billion.
A total of 18 Australian citizens made the list of the world’s richest people.
Ms Blakely, 41, is the youngest self-made woman to join this year’s rich list – turning $5000 in savings into a $1 billion company.
The US woman owns 100 per cent of the private company, has zero debt, has never taken outside investment.
Meanwhile, miner Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest, came in at number 173 with $US5.8 billion while James Packer is further down the list at 223, with his gaming empire estimated to be worth $US4.7 billion.
Mexico telecoms tsar Carlos Slim topped the Forbes annual world’s richest list, with a $US69 billion fortune that while down from last year still outpaced the runner-up, Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
Forbes reported that a record 1,226 people around the globe have a net worth in the ten digits.
That’s up 1 per cent from last year’s total.
Strange Random Wealth Quote:
“Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That’s how rich I want to be.” – Rita Rudner (American Writer and Comedian, b.1955 Miami, Florida, USA)
- Forbes rich list adds 1226 billionaires (theage.com.au)
- Rinehart leads Australians on Forbes rich list (smh.com.au)
- Fairfax chiefs meet their rich new shareholder (theage.com.au)
- Rinehart: The Richest Woman in Australia (blogs.wsj.com)
- Mining magnate Gina Rinehart buys 12.8% stake in Fairfax (mumbrella.com.au)
- Gina Rinehart pens ‘universe’s worst poem’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Rinehart tops list rich as Harvey drops (news.smh.com.au)
Posted on March 8, 2012, in Article and tagged Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, Forbes, Gina Rinehart, James Packer, Miami, News Corporation, Rinehart, Rupert Murdoch, Sara Blakely, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.