All action in the Kiwi film industry | BUSINESS News
“This means that almost 1 in every 4 dollars in the industry came from work on feature films,” he said.
“Over a thousand businesses, both big and small, contracted services to producers of feature film projects. Thirty-five feature films were completed in New Zealand in 2011,” he said.
Sales from completed works rose five-fold to $116 million, according to Hill, and investment in film productions increased by a third.
“Investment gives us some indication of the level of activity going on in the industry right now,” said Hill.
Strange Random Movie Quote:
“You know what your problem is, it’s that you haven’t seen enough movies – all of life’s riddles are answered in the movies.” ― Steve Martin
- NZ $3 billion screen industry soaring (nzherald.co.nz)
- Toronto film industry posts banner year (ctv.ca)
- Vikram Bhatt Completes 20 yrs in the Film Industry (agentsank.wordpress.com)
- Kim Dotcom: ‘Film industry to blame for piracy’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Tribeca Film: Future of Film: The Real Culture Wars or Hollywood Vs. Silicon Valley (huffingtonpost.com)
- W+K NYC Launches App To Streamline The Film Industry [Headlines] (psfk.com)