Life Inc. – It’s me or the cafeteria food: Creative reasons for quitting
Not only that, but they’re giving some pretty creative reasons for why they won’t be coming to work anymore.
Managers reported that employees had quit to watch a soccer game or take in a movie, because they needed to feed their dog and because they wanted to join a rock band, reality show or beauty contest.
For others, the office atmosphere was literally too much. The 1,300 employers surveyed offered all sorts of sensory-related reasons their employees had quit.
“He quit because he didn’t like the way the office smelled.”
“One employee didn’t enjoy the cafeteria food.”
“An individual did not like the sound of file cabinets being slammed.”
“A person quit because he hated the carpet.”
“One worker did not like the colors of the walls.”
“The employee quit because the office building was unattractive.”
Strange Random Quitting Quote:
- When People Give Up (webnerhouse.com)
- Apple wants to create a cafeteria that only serves its employees (technologytell.com)
- Don’t Quit (annep71009.wordpress.com)
- The Secret to Success – Quitting (warriorwriters.wordpress.com)
- The push and pull of determination and results (fruitionville.wordpress.com)
- Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson Quitting Over Fake Resume [Report] (inquisitr.com)
Posted on May 14, 2012, in Article and tagged Addictions, Employment, George Carlin, Health, Quitting, Self Help Materials, Smoking cessation, Substance Abuse, Tobacco, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.