bbn.ee – City of Tallinn welcomes London Taxi
The London Taxi Company has sent an inquiry to the Estonian ministry of economic affairs and Tallinn City Government on whether the company could expand its operations to Tallinn, writes Eesti Päevaleht.
The letter signed by Ross MacKrennon, international sales manager of the company, promises better quality of service than currently offered.
According to MacKrennon, London taxis are specially designed for the purpose and are therefore comfortable, secure and enduring. Besides supplying the cabs, the company is also proposing offering special training for drivers.
Andres Harjo, head of the Tallinn municipal transport authority, said in comment that while all newcomers on the taxi market were always welcome, London Taxi will not be getting any preferential treatment nor be able to replace existing operators.
“But they can build up a position where their services are more attractive than those of their competitors. Whether there is a market for them here in Tallinn, only the market itself will decide,” said Harjo in comment.
Strange Random Taxi Quote:
“Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.” – Lou Erickson
- London taxi company sets sights on Tallinn (shaan.typepad.com)
- A London taxi ride with VeriFone (contactlessintelligence.com)
- Census puts population of Tallinn at under 400,000 (shaan.typepad.com)
- Tallinn – A Fairy Tale City (petersadventures.wordpress.com)
- London taxis, buses now sport ‘it’s more fun in PH’ ads (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Take a taxi from London to Baku: Azerbaijan hails the black cab (guardian.co.uk)