Stephen Baldwin sues Costner over oil device – UPI.com
Costner is being sued by Baldwin, along with another plaintiff, seeking unspecified civil damages. Patrick Smith, a business associate of Costner’s, and Pacific West Resources, a California company in which they are officers, are also named as defendants in the lawsuit, The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported.
Baldwin and fellow plaintiff Spyridon Contogouris were minority stockholders in Ocean Therapy Solutions, which Costner formed to market a centrifugal device that separates oil from water.
The plaintiffs allege Costner failed to tell them about a meeting in 2010 in which the British oil producer BP agreed to make an $18 million deposit on an order for 32 of the devices that was valued at an estimated $52 million.
Strange Random Oil Quote:
“Truth will rise above falsehood as oil above water.” – Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Kevin Costner Oil Spill Machine Cleanup Technology Saves the Enviornment? (binsidetv.net)
- Baldwin: Obama vs. a ‘corporate puppet’ (politico.com)
- Bad Day: Kevin Costner’s Secret Movie Hits the Web (lafiga.firedoglake.com)
- BP sues maker of Gulf rig’s blowout preventer (cbsnews.com)
- Thousands Of Tons Of Oil Spilled In Russian Oilfield (rferl.org)
- Oil Rush Review (gamespot.com)
- Oil extends pricing slump (upi.com)
- Alec Baldwin: Inhofe Is An ‘Oil Whore’ (junkscience.com)
- Gulf Coast Tourists Return After BP Oil Spill, Some Areas Still Waiting To Recover (huffingtonpost.com)
- Alec Baldwin rant: Inhofe ‘oil whore’ (politico.com)
- No surprise: BP wins delay of Gulf spill trial until 2013 (sott.net)
Posted on June 5, 2012, in Article and tagged Baldwin, Costner, Kevin Costner, New Orleans, Ocean Therapy Solutions, Stephen Baldwin, Times-Picayune, United Press International, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.