Wealthy hiding $21 trillion in tax havens, report says – Business – CBC News
Researched and written by James Henry, an expert on tax havens, the report states the hidden money could be as large as $32 trillion, and represents a massive black hole in the world’s economy.
The amount of tax income lost “is large enough to make a significant difference to the finances of many countries,” Henry noted.
Hidden money from elites living in developing countries is “enough to make a significant difference to the finances of many countries… that are now struggling to replace lost aid dollars and pay for climate change. Indeed, once we take these hidden offshore assets and the earnings they produce, ‘debtor countries’ are in fact revealed to be wealthy,” he said.
Strange Random Tax Quote:
- Report: at least $20.3 trillion hidden in offshore banks by global elite (EndtheLie.com)
- £13tn: hoard hidden from taxman by global elite | Business | The Observer (2012indyinfo.com)
- £13 Trillion (21 Trillon US Dollars) : Hoard Hidden From Taxman By Global Elite – 22 July 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s Donors Share His Love of Offshore Tax Havens (thenation.com)
- The great Olympic tax swindle (blogs.independent.co.uk)
- South of Border could be Scots tax haven (scotsman.com)
- Senate Democrats Press Candidate ‘Tax Havens’ Disclosure – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)