Plans for a 45p-per-unit minimum price were set out last month and have the support of the Prime Minister. They would mean beer could not be sold for less than 90p a can while wine would cost at least £4.20 a bottle.
Carlsberg chief executive Jorgen Buhl Rasmussen said he is strongly against the idea, which follows a proposal for a 50p-per-unit alcohol pricing floor in Scotland that is now being tested in the European courts. “They’re the only two in Europe where we see this happening,” Mr Buhl Rasmussen said in an interview with The Sunday Telegraph.
“It could take between six and 18 months before there’s a decision so we didn’t really expect England to come out with a proposal at this time.
“But we were also surprised because we have so much evidence across Europe that price does not change or reduce abuse. What changes and reduces abuse would be education and information.
A study has found rather than berating staff for shopping, banking and paying bills at their desks, women are more likely to appreciate the fact staff have to maintain a work-life balance, The Daily Telegraph reported.
Female bosses are more likely to take the personal situation of staff into account when it comes to managing and reprimanding their staff.
They were more likely to be aware of, and sympathetic to, problems people may be having in their personal life.
Men, on the other hand, were more inclined to tell employees off for letting home life get in the way of work, and admitted to having to do so on a daily basis, the research into the attitudes of 1000 bosses commissioned by Vodafone in Britain found.
Strange Random Boss Quote:
The person who knows HOW will always have a job. The person who knows WHY will always be his boss. – Diane Ravitch
- Female bosses ‘more tolerant’ towards workers’ need of work-life balance (news.bioscholar.com)
- Excessive make-up found to be bosses’ bug-bear (career-advice.monster.co.uk)
- Why managers and workers need to respect each other (onourbikes.com)
- How can I work effectively under multiple bosses? (career-advice.monster.co.uk)
- When Your Boss is Younger than Your Child (money.usnews.com)
- Work/Life Balance: A Fabulous Lifestyle (mentorgirls.wordpress.com)
- Most feel bosses don’t groom talent (asnthanhan.wordpress.com)
- What to Do When The Workplace Bully is Your Boss (socyberty.com)
- Rackspace On Glassdoor’s List of Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2012 (rackspace.com)